GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Under minimum supervision, this position works in a closely integrated team of in-house and international staff to organize, write and manage the preparation of proposals, presentations and other materials. Additional scope of work includes creation of award submissions, marketing and communication materials as well as outsource print and vendor management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- As part of an integrated team, create project-and-award winning client deliverables utilizing Adobe Creative Suite;
- Gather, verify, and format information from multiple internal and external sources under strict deadlines;
- Collect and maintain client materials and data under strict security protocols;
- Coordinate the efforts, resources and expertise of internal and external staff and specialty subconsultants and knowledge experts; and
- With oversight from the Managing Partner, develop marketing and communications collateral as part of Mission Critical Business Development efforts supporting our clients:
- Annual meeting and business planning materials
- Social media posts, etc.
- Event Coordination
- Electronic and print mailings
- Award submissions
- News releases
- Website content
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Carries out duties in compliance with all federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by:
- making suggestions for improvement
- learning new skills, procedures and processes.
- Is available for other duties as required.
- Is available for overtime as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Journalism, Marketing, English or Communications required. One (1) year of marketing / proposal experience in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry.
- Read and interpret documents which may include technical reports and narrative content produced by others.
- Write and edit documents which may include technical, data or narrative content.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction industry.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative suite – specifically an in-depth knowledge of Adobe InDesign and expertise in creating large multi-page documents using master pages, paragraph and character styles, preflight, creating margins, packaging files, etc.
- Effective communication, writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects while maintaining focus and detail orientation
- Proven ability to utilize, coordinate, guide internal and external project resources to assure quality and on-time delivery.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment while balancing productivity and efficiency;
- Self-motivation and accountability combined with the drive to innovate and the courage to question;
- Energetic, enthusiastic, loyal and committed to the company and to the specific projects he/she is responsible for;
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate varied deadlines and activities; and
- Ability and drive to learn and continuously incorporate technical, design and engineering knowledge as part of all project delivery cycles.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Computer skills:
- Enter data into computer using software applications for data entry and word processing.
- Work and be proficient with e-mail systems
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work and attention to detail without loss to production.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and bend.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.