WHO ARE WE?
There are thousands of marketing departments within large and small construction firms in the United States. Each has great people, delivering great work in support of their organizations.
There is only one Mission Critical.
As Proposal Managers, we work with a client base that stretches from coast to coast. Our team combines technical expertise, fanatical creativity and world-class resources to out-think, out-perform and out-match our clients’ competitors on highly competitive project pursuits in the construction industry. We are a steadily growing organization that seeks leaders – exceptional people with exceptional focus, drive and tenacity. In return, we provide interesting, ever-changing and challenging work, a dynamic environment and strong compensation. We have the financial, structural and cultural framework that breeds success – for our clients and our employees.
WHO ARE YOU?
Sure, we are looking for a Rockstar Layout and Design Specialist, but more important is your fit with our dynamic and active team. If you interview with us, we’ll take a look at your pretty work, but we’re more interested in the qualities of integrity, adaptability, drive, honest, trust and your ability to work as part of our team.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Layout and Design Specialist works in support of a closely integrated team of in-house and remote staff to design, produce, edit and manage the preparation of proposals, presentations and other print and visual materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and execute creative print and proposal concepts in support of the Project team while participating in collaborative design exchange to brainstorm ideas, share feedback, and create solutions for the greater good of each project effort.
- Work to develop a clear understanding of project visual communication requirements and develop design “wireframes” (sketches), then work with key team members to design and execute advanced, effective, dynamic and well thought out document layouts based on these wireframes to meet the project needs;
- Partner and collaborate continuously with the project team to establish, iterate, and execute all aspects of the creative vision for publication. Balance freshness with maintaining consistency to the overall publication look and feel, while supporting our clients’ brands.
- Complete page layout and visual enhancement to the entire proposal deliverable, completing drafts, edits to layout and design, and changes as needed to ensure successful and on-time publication completion.
- Coordinate with production team and printer to facilitate all aspects of print planning, file preparation, printing, and management of files.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Carries out duties in compliance with all federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by:
- making suggestions for improvement
- learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Is available for other duties as required.
- Is available for overtime as needed.
None at this time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s in design or related field (although other strong and relevant art/design credentials will be accepted)
- 3+ years graphic design experience in a dynamic setting that proves your ability to meet multiple deadlines on complex project efforts simultaneously.
- Communicate verbally with clients to achieve the goals of the project.
- Read and interpret documents which may include technical reports and narrative content produced by others.
- Design and execute documents and designs which may include technical, data or narrative content.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work with others in a team-centric, deadline focused environment;
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative suite – specifically an in-depth knowledge of Adobe InDesign and expertise in creating large multi-page documents using master pages, paragraph and character styles, preflight, creating margins, packaging files, etc.
- Strong creative portfolio showcasing high-end presentation design skills (i.e. dynamic charts and diagrams, magazines, brochures and annual reports/supplements) with clean design aesthetic.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects while maintaining focus and detail orientation.
- Proven ability to utilize, coordinate, guide internal and external project resources to assure quality and on-time delivery.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment while balancing productivity and efficiency.
- Self-motivation and accountability combined with the drive to innovate and the courage to question.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, loyal and committed to the company and to the specific projects he/she is responsible for.
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate varied deadlines and activities.
- Ability and drive to learn and continuously incorporate technical, design and engineering knowledge as part of all project delivery cycles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and bend.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
|Job Category||Proposal Management / Production|